DrawType - The Drawing Keyboard for iOS [app link]
DrawType is a Keyboard Extension for the iPhone that allows you to draw images and paste them into apps that support text and images like, Messages and Mail. Use DrawType to reply to friends when a hand drawn picture might be quicker or more personal than text.
- Supports multiple brush colors
- 3 different line thicknesses
- Multiple undo states.
- Tapered Lines
- Full Alphanumeric Keyboard
- Larger Draw Area.
- When you are ready to paste your image, hit the copy button. Then do a long press in your text field to paste the image.
- To activate DrawType toggle to it using the Globe button.
- To install the Keyboard go to your device’s System app and Navigate to: General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard and select DrawType.
- Then select DrawType in the list of active Keyboards and enable Allow Full Access.
Privacy and Allow Full Access:
- No personal information or typed text of any kind is recorded or transmitted by this app.
- Allow Full Access is required for the Copy / Paste functionality and Save To Camera Roll feature.
- DrawType was created by Theodore Watson ( @theowatson ). An artist, designer and experimenter, who is co-founder of the openFrameworks project and a member of the Free Art and Technology Lab ( F.A.T Lab ). Theodore’s speed projects includes Kinect Puppet Hacks ( Engadget ), AutoSmiley ( Gizmodo ) and Noisy Typer ( The Verge ). Larger projects and collaborations like the Eyewriter project and L.A.S.E.R Tag have been featured in many publications and are part of MoMA’s permanent collection. Theodore is also co-founder of creative studio Design I/O, whose most recent project was the John Lennon Bermuda Tapes, interactive App-Album for iPhone and iPad, one of three finalists in the Future of Storytelling Award.
Data Controller and Owner
The owner does not collect Personal Data of any kind. DrawType is limited to simply adding the images drawn by the User with the DrawType Keyboard to the System Wide pasteboard where the User can then paste them into other applications.
The rights of Users
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their Personal Data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out below.
Definitions and legal references